October – Halloween Fun
For Halloween, A Child's Nature preschoolers and older toddlers have fun going "Trick or Treating" throughout the Pine Hill Waldorf School. In 2014, our children were all dressed up as a troupe of gnomes. At each classroom, the little gnomes were asked to perform a "trick", and then each received a treat from that grade.
- At XXX grade they sang Baa, Baa, Black Sheep with the class and were given wool sheep.
- In the xxx grade, with a bit of help, our children answered some Halloween jokes/riddles they'd been practicing (such as Q:"What is a baby ghost's favorite game?" A:"Peek-a-Booo"). Then they got pumpkin cookies, which were soon eaten.
- For XXX grade, they recited Five Little Pumpkins and received mini pumpkins.
- In the middle school, they had fun catching bubbles blown by a XXX grader, before getting their own bottles of bubbles.
- At XXX they did the Eensy Weensy Spider finger play and got to chose toy bugs.
- In XXX room, it was Jack Jump over the Candlestick, and the gift was a tea light candle for the Martinmas lanterns they were making.
- In XXX they did If You're Happy and You Know It, and received rhythm clapping sticks.
The kindness and playfulness of the Pine Hill teachers and students make visiting the big school a wonderful adventure for our children. Back in their own classroom, they also enjoy pumpkin games and songs at circle time and carving a big pumpkin together.